Prices - 2004 Impala SS Monte Carlo SS

Living where I live I have 7 Chevy dealers within 12 miles of my house. Anyway, one of them had two 2004 Impala SS's in stock. Black with grey leather interiors. 3800 Supercharged V6.

2004 Impala SS Base Price $27,335 2004 Impala Base model $21,240 2004 Impala LS base price N/A

2003 Impala LS base price $24,210

So the SS is $3125 over the price of an LS ( based on the 2003 price ).

Leather is standard in the SS. The sunroof is up $150 to $900 for 04.

SS preferred equipment group - 1SB option Package is $700 and includes : Cargo net, AM-FM-CD 200 watt Premium Radio, heated mirrors, electro- chromatic inside rearview mirror. Steering wheel control buttons.

Comfort Pack $445 ( same price as 2003 ) includes heated front seats, 6 way power passenger seat.

Driver Info Center $295 ( same as 2003 price ).

Destination $660 ( same as 2003 price ).

OnStar isn't standard on the SS, at least these two I saw didn't have it.

The 2003's Blower Speed knob reads : OFF, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

2004 SS Blower Speed knob has a series of 12 dots around the dial circumference. ( cheap ! ).

Impala SS script is below the moldings on the front doors and is impossible to read.

Monte Carlo SS

2004 Monte Carlo SS base price $23,565 2003 Monte Carlo SS base price $23,510

The 2004's they had, had the standard 3800. V6. I guess the supercharged engine is optional.

The 04's said SS in red letters just ahead of the rear wheels, but didn't have the body colored Monte Carlo script like the 2003's. That was the only difference I spotted to distinguish the 04 from 03.

No 04 Park's or Bonnies in yet.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~261,000 miles_~_~~_
Reply to
Harry Face

If it's not RWD and does not have a V-8, it's not an SS!!!!

Reply to
Jimmy

Thats what I have been telling Harry Face all along. And the 27 grand base price is a tad high ...

Reply to
Dennis Smith

In what language does "rear wheel drive" translate into 2 words that start with S?

Reply to
Paradox

No language my friend. SS means Super Sport - its just that purists believe that any Super Sport model should have rear wheel drive like a real sportscar. :-)

And I'm probably wrong about the meaning of SS... that's just what my boss told me since he knows everything (apparently).

Nick.

Reply to
Nick Trounson