rover 214,1998

i have just bought a r reg rover 200,the immobiliser wont turn off but i have noticed the boot doesnt lock.will this affect re immobilising the engine.thanks.les

Reply to
les

Have you tried your EKA emergency override code using your key in the drivers door lock. If it's in any way relevant, the boot kid on my R reg 400 can be opened by Key independently of the main car alarm/immobiliser, but I suspect that may be different with a Hatch as you've got access then to the car. Sorry, don't have a definitive answer for you.

Reply to
seeeker