Range Rover Immobiliser

Does anybody have a parts CD or book covering the P38 Range Rover? .........

I read that the latest part number for the immobiliser reciever is YWY500010, but when I went to the dealers on Saturday & tried to order,

he insisted that ASR1953 was the latest part number, which was the opposite of what I understood. Can anyone confirm which is the latest (& therefore less likely to lock me out of the car) part number?

Cheers, Chris.

Reply to
chris

ASR1953 is the current number. Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Iv'e just been to the dealer again & he says the same, however ...... is ASR1953 a newer version of YWY500010 (which replaced ASR1953 originaly), ie just re-using the old part number, or is it actually the old part? The dealer is emailing Land Rover Technical to try & clear up the confusion

beamendsltd wrote:

Reply to
chris

Iv'e just been to the dealer again & he says the same, however ...... is ASR1953 a newer version of YWY500010 (which replaced ASR1953 originaly), ie just re-using the old part number, or is it actually the old part? The dealer is emailing Land Rover Technical to try & clear up the confusion

beamendsltd wrote:

Reply to
chris

Part numbers revert to old ones quite often, it's nothing unusual.

Often the reason for change is a change of supplier, and someone not being bothered to check that the old and new suppliers are suplying exactly the same thing. If this later found to true, the part can revert to it's original number (or the later one), thus reducing stock inventory by 1 (which may sound a big deal to the end user, but saves everyone in the supply chain having to stock the same thing twice, thus tying up less cash on the shelf).

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

### STOP PRESS ###

I've just spoken to the dealer again, they have had a reply from Land Rover Technical & the part number ASR1953 is INCORRECTLY shown on the parts CDs as a substitution for YWY500010. The reciever has been modified yet again, the latest ones are YWY500170 (433MHz) and YWY500200 (315MHz).

Cheers, Chrisall.

beamendsltd wrote:

Reply to
chris

Somebody had better tell the dealers - the ASR1953 is still valid for a 433MHz receiver (LR's ordering system has no mention of a supercession at all) - I can order one if I want!

There's nothing like the right hand talking to the left.....

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

I agree. The dealers don't have a clue there is a problem, all they do is look on the parts CD & it shows ASR1953 as a substitution for YWY500010. The dealer I used actually ordered this from Land Rover without LR saying anything, it was only when I insisted they actually spoke to them & they asked Land Rover Parts Tech, that the dealer discovered the mistake. They (Hartwell Land Rover) have put a note on their own system to make their parts staff aware, but obviously that only helps their customers.

beamendsltd wrote:

Reply to
chris

Just being pedantic I know, but LR dealers have two systems - one is the Microcat system which is updated on-line, then there's "the factory" system - where they need to go to find "recent" supercessions. It all seems rather more complicated than necessary to me.....

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

The dealer had a look on both systems and they both show ASR1953 as the succession for YWY500010 ..... which is wrong !!!

I'd love to get hold of the Microcat cd though, could come in handy.

beamendsltd wrote:

Reply to
chris

They pulled a stunt like that a while back with the ECU's for a Td5. Half the planet got immobilized due to an incompatibility.

Needless to say, LR was 'unaware' of any problem.

Peter R.

Reply to
Peter R.

Doing a Google search may provide interesting results, though of course I wouldn't know........ and if you did happen to come accross anyone selling them for tenner or so don't take it as Gospel, there's quite a lot "been down this road before" knowledge required with LR parts.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Thanks for that, I had a look on Google & found the interesting results you mentioned .......

Cheers, Chris.

beamendsltd wrote:

tried to order,

Reply to