Brand X "experts"

The PO of the Commander I have on ebay invested almost 9 K in the car with a mechanic and a body shop. I've spent the last few days fixing issues that the "experts" caused. i.e. :

Body shop: While driving the car both headlight rims popped off !

Solution: Added missing speed clips and about a dozen bolts left off the grill.

Garage:

They installed a NOS AT, converting from stick shift, but no kick down linkage was installed.

Solution: Ordered all new AT throttle linkage from SASCO

No neutral start or backup lights because they broke the column switch and just bypassed the switch.( yes, it would start in drive)

Solution: installed new switch

Right front blinker goes on with the left rear and visa versa because they swapped two wires when they installed the column.

Brake light sticks on because they did not adjust pedal height.

Solution: Adjusted.

I'm spending the next few days going from bumper to bumper looking for other half assed repairs, but have it about done now. It's a entirely different car now.

Reply to
John Poulos

Now John, you are being unfair. . . . I know of Body Shops that do the same thing on Brand X's too. Just ask Jeff. Extra parts? We need no stinking extra parts, just throw them into the recycling bin.

I wonder if Turner would let his guys throw out parts instead of putting them back on to the car? Or is it just a lazy ass southern thing (using burnout transplanted northern workers).

Rick (The America Way?) Courtier

Reply to
Rick Courtier

I bought a '55 K that had a bean can with holes drilled in it for a air cleaner,the side trim was held on with screws through the mouldings and paper mache for floor boards.I'm guessing the owner might have spent $9.00 on his repairs;) The old geezer drove it that way too.

Bob40

Reply to
Bob

snip>

I wonder if Turner would let his guys throw out parts instead of putting them back on to the car? Or is it just a lazy ass southern thing (using burnout transplanted northern workers).

IF I catch them, they be looking for a new job!

And NO, it's not a southern thing, it's called NO pride in their work!

Jim

Reply to
Jim Turner