OT: 1928 Dodge Coupe

I just got off the phone with a friend of mine that I graduated high school with and who is storing my tractor back in ND. He and his brother are big time pre-1925 tractor collectors and restorers and he was telling me about a car his brother just bought... a 1928 Dodge Coupe. Now the interesting part... the car has 5000 original miles on it, everything but the tires are original... original spark plugs, wires, dashs lights work, etc. He cleaned out the carburetor, put gas in the car and drove it round trip into town (30 miles) over the weekend.

He called to let me know about a small tractor show in Carthage, NC this weekend. The guy hosting it is showing off his collection of hundreds of tractors and cars... the guy is so big into tractors that he has full-time buyers on the payroll who go around the country buying rare tractors for him. If it weren't for the fact that Ray and I will be heading to Dallas this weekend to pick up my "new" old pickup I'd be heading to this show.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

[...]

Bob

1,000 IH/Farmall tractors. Now thats serious collecting.

with and who is storing my tractor back in ND. He and his brother are big time pre-1925 tractor collectors and restorers and he was telling me about a car his brother just bought... a 1928 Dodge Coupe. Now the interesting part... the car has 5000 original miles on it, everything but the tires are original... original spark plugs, wires, dashs lights work, etc. He cleaned out the carburetor, put gas in the car and drove it round trip into town (30 miles) over the weekend.

weekend. The guy hosting it is showing off his collection of hundreds of tractors and cars... the guy is so big into tractors that he has full-time buyers on the payroll who go around the country buying rare tractors for him. If it weren't for the fact that Ray and I will be heading to Dallas this weekend to pick up my "new" old pickup I'd be heading to this show.

#000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

message

href="news:928e2$4546c7f9$471f59ae$ snipped-for-privacy@ALLTEL.NET">news:928e2$4546c7f9$471f59ae$ snipped-for-privacy@ALLTEL.NET...

Reply to
rustynutgarage

'65 Chevy... going to pick it up this weekend.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

that truck has potential. hoping you post pics of the restoration for us

Reply to
Green Acres is the place to be

My son has 65 stepside that looks like yours. His has more rust in the fender and less in the cab. I can show you how to put a sububan gas tank in the rear. But then you have to carry the spare in the bed.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

Best looking truck ever made as far as I'm concerned. There's a discussion on whether to chop the bed and frame 20" so it'll be a factory shortbed. I think then it'll be perfect, but I may drive it for a while as a longbed to see if it grows on me.

Lee

"Green Acres is the place to be" wrote >> '65 Chevy... going to pick it up this weekend.

Reply to
Lee Aanderud