DEEPNHOCK Follies

Unloaded half the Stude stuff off the last trailer yesterday evening. Was so nice out I worked until 0:dark:30 Started itching yesterday morning. Figured out I must have rubbed poison oak, or poison Sumac, or poison Ivey in my wrists (was wearing gloves) when I was pulling vines and weeding around the trees in the yard Saturday and Sunday. It is on my wrists where I pulled the gloves on and off, and around my right eye (where I must've wiped sweat off). Itches like crazy and have little teeny marks like hives... More pills and cream... Jeff (Just what I need) Rice

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Just rub a little STP on it Jeff and you will be fine!

Jeff Rice wrote:

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

I found that Coritsone 10 Plus works fairly well for getting rid of the itch. I think that nothing will shorten the duration though...

JT

(Watch what tulips you tip tow through!)

Jeff Rice wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

I wasn't around your new place at all and I have it around my ankles. Itches like hell, and Beer doesn't cure it.

Reply to
Rick Courtier

blasphemer!!

Beer cures everything!!

You just not using enough. :)

p.d.

Rick Courtier wrote:

Reply to
Oujdeivß

You could always pee on it... like for jellyfish stings.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Maybe you and Lee are right. . . drink enough beer and pee on it with the recycle beer. Wouldn't want to waste any alcohol.

Reply to
Rick Courtier

go to walmart or wherever.. Look in the drug section for Tecnu its 2 bottles in a box..

one is a SOAP.. SCRUB THE AFFECTED AREA.. and the second is the itch relief..

My son gets it bad and I got him this and it was dried up and gone within a day doing this..

--Shiva--

Reply to
me

We used to get the Tecnu wash at work. Good stuff.

Dustybob

Reply to
dustybob

Shiva beat me to it. I was going to say that Tecnu works. My wife gets poison ivy easily and her results with Tecnu is like Shiva's son. We learned about Tecnu when we had a garden center. Everyone whoever bought it was very pleased. A minor side benefit is it is clear so, unlike being painted with calomine lotion, you look "normal". Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

Poison ivy grows abundantly here in east Texas, & I am very susceptible to it. It grows into vines as big around as a beer can. I got a good dose of it a couple of weeks ago at a work site where I brushed against it where it was hanging off of a fence & it is just now fading away. Homo sapiens are the only species known to be affected by that devil vine, and not everybody is susceptible. Right now, though, the teeming swarms of mosquitos are the real nuisance here, though, and some have been found to carry west Nile virus. They breed like Hmong! Bh

Reply to
Barry