R3 Clone Short Block

I am selling a Cloned R3 engine short block. It started off as a sonic tested block that was good to 0.0120" overbore! I have 7 blocks and this is the best one. I had a set of NOS R4 pistons (with spiral lock grooves from the factory...yes this was an option, but most were press fitted) and milled the dome off. This converted the piston from R4 to R3 as the only difference is the dome. What I am selling is a block with 0.093" over ForgedTrue pistons, a paxton SN 60 supercharger, and assembled with factory connecting rods without the "pinch bolt." The rods have been polished and shot peened. The engine has no oil pump, cam, timing cover, timing gear etc. It is only a block, crank, rods, Paxton Supercharger, NOS pistons, NOS rings, and rod bearings all assembled. And as always, everything is show/museum quality. Let me know if anyone is interested here or I'll just post it on Ebay.

Nimesh

Reply to
nsolanki77

Are you sure that you don't mean .120 overbore? Twelve thousands seems pretty small...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

GOOD GRIEF!!!

Grumpy AuC> > I am selling a Cloned R3 engine short block. It started off as a sonic

Reply to
rustynutgarage

Hi, Sorry I meant 0.120" which is one hundred twenty thousandths. The block was bored 0.093" to make 304.5 cubes, and obviously plus clearances. I didn't think this was a composition class and my grammer was under scrutiny. I think everybody knew what I meant. Basically, the context of my writing would have sorted out the mis-communication of my part.

Grumpy AuC> > I am selling a Cloned R3 engine short block. It started off as a sonic

Reply to
nsolanki77

Reply to
rustynutgarage

That's quite an assumption "...that we all knew..."

My comment was not criticism, just a request for clarification.

If it were not for those who "scrutinize," a lot more miscommunication would occur.

JT

rustynutgarage wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

I know you guys don't realize this so I will point it out to you. Nimesh is an engineer and a first class Studebaker guy. He has done a lot for our hobby. Treat him with respect and if you ever have a chance to build a high performance R engine he is the guy to talk to. Nimesh reworked my R1 cyinder heads and cloned them into R4 heads for my Avanti. The flow is far better than factory R3/R4 heads and the performance awesome.

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

I know this and all the more reason to request a clarification.

JT

Michael - Roseland FL wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire