06 Outback warning light puzzle?

Trying to find out if anyone knows what ER HC means? I drive an '06 Outback Wagon with VDC. It appeared on my odometer, above the mileage where the trip mileage would normally be. At the same time the VDC light turned on indicating that the VDC was off. The mechanic could not tell me what it was over the phone and suggested I bring it in. He said it would be fine to drive until I get it in. Just curious if anyone has gotten this error message, warning? The manual does not say anything about it. Any help would be appreciated!

Reply to
Char80

Er HC indicates high speed CAN communication error. (controller area network) This vehicle has the LAN wiring for all the controllers(local area network). Take to the dealer....

Reply to
Trlather