fuses

Hey, My girlfriend informed me that her bun warmers (i.e. seat heater) wasn't working today. I was wondering if somebody could tell me with out me poking around outside, it's quite cold, and i'd just go out and swap it. Where that fuse located? Thanks for the knowledge....

Reply to
Forester XT Owner

You've mentioned, girlfriend, buns, and poking around outside within two sentences. Good times.

My outback's fuse box is in the driver's side, inside the vehicle just inside the door, inches above teh floormat and on the left portion fo the area near where your feet rest on teh floormat. Slide the plastic cover tot he right and it comes completely off, revealing fuses inside.

Exactly which fuse you need will be perhaps in the owner's manual.

If the fuse is blown, however, one should really look into why.

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

Third one in the top row, I think. 20A. It also controls the lighter sockets and side mirror heaters. I've replaced this one about ten times since last spring.

Mine blows intermittantly, and I have zero idea why. Short in the wiring somewhere, but I can't pin down a symptom or reason it blows. I've given up, and just left it until the warm weather returns.

-John O

Reply to
John O

I think the reason it blew, was that the ac/dc inverter was left plugged into the cig lighter which, upon futher investigation (and lack of phone charging) was determined not working either... THanks for the tip. My girlfriends buns thank you too.

Reply to
Forester XT Owner