Operating of diesel preheater relay?

I have a cold start problem with my Nissan diesel truck. Starts, but few seconds the engine rumbles and smokes like hell. All glowplugs are working, but i think the glowing time (the indicator lamp) is too short, only 2-3 seconds, and the temperature don´t seem to effect that. How does the glow relay recognize the engine temperature? What about the afterglow, how should this work?

TT

Reply to
Kairala