4WD?

Are there any 4 wheel drive Toyotas? If so, ones that are like the wagons and can get maybe 30 MPG? Reliable?

Reply to
Mama Bear

I'm thinking of this in terms of my deliveries. If I had a reliable 4WD I could deliver things in snow, that other people couldn't.

You know those old commercials where they showed a pickup driving over railroad ties with a glass of water on the dash? Does that require a special suspension? That's the kind of thing I'd need, to be able to do deliveries over snowy streets, without getting my guts rattled loose.

Reply to
Mama Bear

You can check out the Toyota website for their model line-up.

Reply to
Mark A

Toyota Matrix, a Corolla wagon.

Reply to
Hachiroku

I don't know the first thing about new cars. We're still driving the 93 Corolla. :)

Do they have 4WD cars or just SUV's for example?

Anything 4WD for under $20k new?

We'd probably look for something 3 yrs old anyway, with low mileage, to save money that way.

Reply to
Mama Bear

They have a 4WD Corolla wagon?! :)))))

Reply to
Mama Bear

Try looking for something like a Caldina, it started out as a 4WD wagon version of the carona in 1997 and they still make it.

It comes with varous motors from 1.6L 4cyl to 2L diesel to 2L turbo out of the GT4/All Trac.

As far as i'm aware the are still being made.

Reply to
Nicholas Bourne

Reply to
Pop-N-Fresh

I have given up on what car is in what market, I just work off what we can get in OZ, and 90% of our cars come from somewhere else and are called something else over there.

Sorry if I lead anyone up the wrong path.

Reply to
Nicholas Bourne

It's OK. It's too bad we DON'T get the Caldina here!

You guys get a LOT more of Japan's output there than we get here. Unfortunately...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Reply to
Pop-N-Fresh

Landcruiser, Prado, Kluger - lots of models, all good

David

Mama Bear wrote:

Reply to
quietguy

All the 4WD's seem to be under RV's, I don't see anything like the Corolla wagon in 4WD under cars. In fact I don't see Corolla wagons at all, at their site. Don't they make them anymore?

I bet I could still get some money for this '93, it's sweet.

Reply to
Mama Bear

Coming a bit late to the feast, as I don't really follow this 4WD game, but isn't the Lexus (a Toyota, after all) R330 a 4WD? (And a hybrid to boot, yay!) Or is that a tad glamorous for the job?

Reply to
Andrew Stephenson

If you are in the U.S., go to

and look at the Matrix under cars. The Matrix is available in AWD, (all wheel drive) which is full-time four wheel drive.

Reply to
Ray O

A tad expensive?

Reply to
Mama Bear

Does that greatly reduce the gas mileage?

I don't see it under options though.

Reply to
Mama Bear

Hmmm... It looks like AWD is discontinued in the Matrix for 2007.

If you look at Edmunds.com and research used cars, an AWD Matrix is available for 2006 model year and earlier. According to the EPA fuel mileage estimates, the AWD version gets 2 MPG less in the city, 3 MPG less on the highway, 3 MPG less combined.

FWD with automatic transmission 28 city, 34 hwy, 31 combined EPA AWD with automatic transmission 26 city, 31 hwy, 28 combined.

Of course, your mileage may vary, but the relative difference between the FWD and AWD Matrix should be about right.

Reply to
Ray O

That is your choice. Look at it this way: as you calmly cruise your vast estates, asserting your natural supremacy over docile yet industrious peasantry, favouring them with languid waves of one neatly gloved hand (for which they are profoundly grateful, bowing and grovelling busily in reply), you can enjoy the solid satisfaction of knowing you are encouraging quality workmanship in many ways. Well tended lands and an immaculate Lexus say so much about one, don't you think? Not expense but statement.

Reply to
Andrew Stephenson

We wouldn't be able to afford a new car anyway, more likely a 2003.

Reply to
Mama Bear