A question about Fuel Cutoff

A couple weeks ago I took the Supra out to impress some Ladies (STILL didn't get me any!!)and noticed on the way home, under certain conditions, the tach will surge between 1800-2000RPM. Hit the gas and it stops, drop below 1800 and it stops.

While perusing the TSRM for the Supra (I do this at lunch while I'm wolfing down what I have...) I noticed that one of the tests was for the Fuel Cutoff, at, you guessed it, 1800 RPM. What is the purpose of this?

Reply to
HachiRoku

Just a SWAG... on deceleration, brings engine RPM down more quickly?

Reply to
Ray O

HachiRoku wrote in news:xjJSe.2700$nd.790@trndny04:

The fuel cutoff cuts fuel on deceleration above that engine speed. It's to prevent emissions on overrun.

Reply to
TeGGeR®