Corolla Seca 1992 car stereo problem

I'm trying to install a Sony Xplod and I'm new to the stereo installation game...

Can someone tell me how I can find out what colour wire is for what?

Going crazing without sound in my car!

Reply to
kathep

get a harness connector adapter. all the wires usually are marked and color coded to match your stereo. or have it professionally installed.

$6.87 at Wal-Mart last time I checked.

Reply to
Joseph Wind

I didn't mention Wal-Mart or other auto stereo stores because I am not familiar with any stores outside of the U.S.

My guess is that the OP and his/her Corolla Seca is in Australia ;-)

Reply to
Ray O

Since it looks like you're outside the US, is there a place you can buy Scosche accessories? They make an adapter that you wire your new radio into (just match the colors) and plug it into the harness in your car...unless the harness has already been cut out! In that case, an Ohm meter is your friend! Let me know if you need further assistance...I'll try to remember what's what between now and then...(getting older SUCKS!)

BTW, I had an Xplode in a Tercel...WOW!!

Reply to
Hach

oscheaccessories? They make an adapter that you wire your new radio

Scosche is sold at specialty retailers across the US - go to

for a complete dealer list - we have a dealer finder on our site, just plug in your zip code. We also have a vehicle fit guide to find all the accessories that fit your vehicle.

Reply to
Scosche

Um, are you for real?!?!

I've been using the Scosche harnesses for a few years...where the hell were you guys in 1986, when I had to hack the harness in my Hachiroku?!?!?!

And, uh, is Wal*Mart a specialty retailer? That's where I got my last three harnesses!

Reply to
Hachiroku