RAV4 air pressure warning light question?

Several times now our '07 RAV4 low air pressure warning light has come on. The dealer says it's the spare tire. But it comes back on and then after days goes away. The pressure is fine. Any ideas on the fix? Thanks much.

Chuck

Reply to
chuck schroeder

Is there a way to disable that silly system?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

The spare tire? I didn't know the spare tire is attached to that system. There is a way to reset the system, check your manual.

Reply to
badgolferman

When you have adjusted all of the pressures in each tire including the spare, (each tire has it's own transmitter), you will probably have to reset the system. There is usually a reset button somewhere on the lower part of the dash. Check the manual, it should be mentioned. It is probably the TPMS system.

Reply to
user

You need to make sure that all the tires, including the spare, are adjusted to the proper pressure (as listed on the vehicle placcard, not the tire sidewall) when cold. There is no reset button on a 2007 RAV4. My SOs had this exact same concern, and properly adjusting the pressures eliminated the problem. Too high a pressure will also cause problems with the light.

Also see:

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White