sienna turn signals

2000 Sienna.

Last night my wife told me the turn signals don't work. I checked them and sure enough neither one worked. Since it was dark I took a flashlight and popped the hood to look at the fusebox under there. Needless to say, the fusebox containing the circuit for the turn signals was in the cabin of the van so I decided to just deal with it in the morning. Before I went back inside I checked the emergency flasher to see if they worked and indeed they were good.

This morning the turn signals are working fine. I haven't done anything to them and haven't even looked at the fuse or relay. Is it possible that by turning on the emergency flashers somehow the circuit became enabled? Are they even on the same circuit?

There is another possible factor to consider. The spiral cable (clock spring) inside the steering wheel is intermittent and the horn doesn't always work. I doubt that the turn signal wires go through it but maybe they do.

Reply to
badgolferman

I'd check under the steering column cover for damage or a loose connection.

Reply to
Ray O