Timing chain change, '97 Tacoma

I have a toyota '97 Tacoma, does anyone know when I should change the timing chain?(it's the larger 4 cylinder) It has a little over 100k on it now. Thanks Steve

Reply to
steve

If the engine has a timing chain, it should be good for the life of the engine.

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks Ray O that's good to know! I remember in days past when I got an old Ford Ranch wagon that the chain had streched and slipped a link, and of course ran very rough,so for $150 I baught it, changed the chain, it was high milage at the time but I got at least another 50K out of it, with a cloud of smoke out the tail pipe every where I went! I was young and broke but better days have come and see the need to properly maintain my cars. Thanks Steve. Merry Christmas

Reply to
steve

You're welcome and Merry Christmas right back at you and your loved ones!

Reply to
Ray O