Wanna see a Supra?

a.b.i.f, look for "Photoshop is cool"

Reply to
Hachiroku

Hey Hachiroku, great sig but how about giving credit where credit's due. Particularly as the author has just passed away.!

Reply to
Mike_P

  1. to see how many would know!

Quite a few, from the responses. George didn't pass aweay unknown. This is a good thing. Are you a Brit, by any chance?

  1. Because it fits almost as well. It's just that he might have had a
*little* bit more money to squander than I have.

If you look around, you'll see I posted a link to the BBC story about poor Georgie. He was only 59. That's what hard living does, I guess.

Reply to
Hachiroku

No, from New Zealand.

Yep I know the feeling. Mind you after Whiskey, Women and Fast cars I find I don't have anything left to squander anyway.

He certianly squeezed a lot of living into those 59 years.

Mike_P

Reply to
Mike_P

Well, close enough! ;) I mean, you guys 'kinda' sound the same, and football is the same to you as it is to them now, isn't it?!

Most Americans wouldn't know about Georgie! Far more would know Pele.

Well, if that's the case, I'd cut back on the cars!!! ;)

Man, what I gotta do is rig it so I can spend my summers here, and my 'winters' down there. I have a couple friends from NZ, and although they are now US citizens and I don't think will go back, they say it's beautiful down there.

There was a poster here named Nick, and he told me something I didn't know; it gets icy there in the 'summer'? I thought in that position in the Pacific it wouldn't get cold enough to ice!

Reply to
Hachiroku

That's fight'n talk. There's no love lost between us and those POME (Prisoners of Mother England) bastards up there.:-)... and Rugby is the no1 all-consuming sport here.

LOL, he must have come from Invercargill (the very bottom of the South Island - think Antarctica with traffic lights).

Mike_P

Reply to
Mike_P

HAHAHA! "All-consuming", for sure! Popular bumper sticker I see says "Rugby players eat their dead. I played it a couple times when I was younger, but decided I wanted to walk upright when I hit my 60's!

Soccer without rules. Kinda like the Oz version of American football, Aussie Rules.

He was a good guy. He used to post a lot about how to swap out heads with blocks. When he first posted I thought he was my age (classified) and then I found out he's only 19!!! Man, amazing a kid could grasp that much info about Toys at 19!

Also had some Fire-Breathing Pontiac Fiero he converted to RHD, and a couple of Toys.

Reply to
Hachiroku