Miata + Photoshop = Fun

Some Photoshop fun with Miatas... scroll down after you go to this page.

greetings.

Reply to
Christopher Muto

The picture of the SR 71 illustrates my point perfectly. The *length* some people will go to to tease some performance out of a black Miata!

Happy holidays!

Leon :)

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Now Leon, With the SR-71's "cruise speed" at 2242 MPH, I think it is hard to make a case that "white" is fast ( unless you start to include the "Space Shuttle"). Then again, the SR-71 is truly NOT "black". To our eye it looks black, but it is "blue". Maybe he should show a " Miata Shuttle" ? Now THAT would be fast !!! Lets see, 18,000 MPH cruise ??? :-)

Bruce Bing '03 LS

Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN

Great work Chris! I and my roommate have both driven a Miata (91 factory white) which was painted out to look like Herbie. The previous owner had even found some VW type wheels (with the SS center moon cap) that fit it.

Merry Christmas!

-Karl N.

Reply to
Karl N.

I have to admit that is a very small amount faster than a white Miata but did you ever think just how much faster the SR-71 would be if painted white?

Reply to
XS11E

But if the SR-71 were white, "everyone" could see it. You see, the dark Miatas are in fact faster, you just can't see the speed. Just like the SR-71.

Now I'm sure Leon can sell you some lake-front property down there in FL. with that same kind of reasoning. :-)

Bruce Bing '03 LS

Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN

I see you've never studied photon flow. Black faster? That's contrary to the works of all great scientists, Newton, Einstein, van Dommelen, etc.

On a practical level, how could black possibly be faster than even an agressive snail when it requires stopping every 20 - 30 minutes to clean it?

Reply to
XS11E

There is a Miata Shuttle in the list. I guess white still wins.

How about the Aurora? Conspiracy theory or by far the fastest spy jet ever made?

Pat

Reply to
pws

What convinces me is the highly precise data they know about this plane, like knowing the weight to 4 digits accuracy:

Empty weight: 29,480 kg Fuel weight: 39,920 kg Max payload: 1,815 kg Max take-off: 71,215 kg

Length: 115 ft Wingspan: 65 ft Height 19 ft Wing Area: 3,200 ft^2

How can you know those numbers to that precision without building the plane?? Clearly, the plane is already flying around.

But I am still surprised, since I would have thought you could not accelerate a nonwhite plane to those speeds with only 39,920 kg of fuel.

But then again, like Bruce says, you cannot verify the speed of those dark planes. No way for the US tax payer to be sure that they really get the speed they payed for.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen