2004 Camry slides off road in ice with snow tires :|

prevent

an

enhance

ABS will help if your descending on an icey road and are avoiding locking up the front wheels (not at all handy).

I got snowed in once and tried driving down this mountain road in a '84 Nissan Bluebird S/Wagon. I made it by leaving the vehicle in 1st gear (manual or stick-shift) and using the handbrake only as I knew once I locked the front wheels it was "in the ditch" or into the Armaguard-railing time.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

In the days of rear wheel drive, we would sometimes back up a hill if we couldn't make it by going forward. With front wheel drive, has anyone experimented going down hill backwards.

Glenn

Reply to
Glenn

that

up

locked

time.

Sure have,..sight-seers used to clog the same road and you'd come round a corner and there they were, a gaggle of weekend 4WD warriors in all sorts of predicaments,,,,,back-up time (or more accurately 'back-down' time) It made an already dicey situation much worse.

What a lot of 4WDers didn't count on was no-LSDifferentials meant almost as much trouble as a standard car.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James