THE UGLY CAMRY

Toyota must have worked over-time to style one of the ugliest cars on the road. My hats off to them.

It must have designed by a committee. Each person was in charge of a certain part of the car, and then everything was pasted together. That's why it is out-of-portion, and is a mismatch of styling cues.

On second thought, maybe Toyotas are quality cars because they spend nothing on styling and invest every dime, in the production process, on quality.

I have owned my last foreign car. When I purchased it, I lived in a colder climate, and the Japanese engineers did not calculate that they were shipping cars to colder climates. Consequently, the themostat on the heater, with a zero degree day in the winter, could not keep me warm as my butt was freezing.

Reply to
Carlton Prestwicke

Gee I think they look good , if you dont like it dont buy it , you obviously lack logic and style.

Reply to
mark Ransley

They say aesthetics is in the the eye of the beholder, but to some degree I concur that modern styling particularly in some Korean and Jap cars is less than appealing. The Camry is not that bad, but could be better in the looks department. This current barge-like look will pass,...the sooner the better

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

He is an idiot, he is buying a domestic, can I suggest a Chrysler with a FWD A604 transaxle, or how about a recall riddled Focus. :-D Or maybe one of those good looking domestics, like the Avalanche or the Aztek, those are some real sweeties! :-D LOL

Reply to
MDT Tech®

I think the initial design was smaller and someone decided it needed to be bigger, so they hooked up an air pump to the tail-pipe and puffed it up and out so it would hold more stuff. Don't poke it with a pin.

Reply to
Jeff

process, on

Barge like look..... cute and appropriate. The description (not the car).

Reply to
Art Begun

Actually I don't think it would look that bad if it had bigger wheels. It looks like it is riding on toy wheels.

process, on

Reply to
Art Begun

Art, your Avalon looks a bit like the Flintstone mobile. ;-)

Reply to
Philip ®

Have a dekko at the latest Mitsubishi offering here in Oz..........unbelievabley ugly front.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

And how about the latest camry solara? Toyota designers seem to have taken their cues from Hyundai Tiburon. What design advancement-now theres a puffed up piece of bulbous metal.

Reply to
Derek

They are 16" now Art. ;-)

Reply to
MDT Tech®

Careful.... it may be that Art is alluding to an an expensive set of

20" spinners! LOL
Reply to
Philip ®
**I think this post belongs here**

I like my 02 Camry. Second Camry I have owned. I bought it because I like Camries. Come to think of it, I think my decision to buy a new Camry was majorly influnced by loyalty since I grew up in a family that had owned Toyotas most of our lives.

I *do* think, however, that the Camry is lacking in the styling department. The car seems hollow, elongated, and out of proportion. The dash is too high and too large. Take the LE with the 15" steel wheels. It is like a ship riding on golf cart wheels! No offence intended for LE owners :)

Since Toyota knew that the LE will be the most popular option, they owed it to their loyal customers (and new ones) to make it a little more appealing! After all, I don't think beauty will cost that much more, if anything! All they need to do is hire a more creative designer and bend the metal differently! In a nut shell. Plus, Toyota will also benefit, since those wide-spread LE's will be turning heads, i.e. more sales.

--Ibrahim

Reply to
Ibrahim

To me, the V-6 Tiburon is styled much better than my Celica. Better than the RSX for that matter IMO. Toyota has always been a bit boring in design. I was surprised that they even attempted my Celica or the MR2

Reply to
moron

OMG!!.. It looks like someone w/ huge nostrils and wide opened eyes.... Viewed through the door eye-hole. It *almost* makes the Pontiac Aztek's grill look good. *almost*

Reply to
T Chaos