'injector cleaner'

I finally had time to set my tps, install exhaust studs (do them all, and use the inserts that DON'T look like a spring), replace the exhaust, cleaned out the throttle bore, detailed the rig, along with general maintenance. Runs great.

But I may have broke the rule, DFIIIA(I)B. I thought at 275 K what would it hurt to put in a little injector cleaner. It stated smoking soon after I ran that tank of gas. Sitting at the red light then the smoke. I have since put in some Lucas oil additive, thinking if its smoke'n now what can it hurt.

Awhile back I saw post from a guy that said he had a new motor for sale (from LC), but he had "screwed it up by adjusting his tps wrong and therefore was dumping in to much fuel some-where along the line, and that had worn out the top ring, so it was smoking a little now".

Any comments about the use of the cleaner?

Reply to
ww