Re: Adhesive headrests for a pick-up trucks rear window.

Inflatable travel pillow and suction cups or Velcro tape. There ya go. Dunno how a pillow stuck to glass would help you if you get rear ended. Do you mean in addition to a normal seat-mounted head rest or as an alternative?

Maybe the headrests you're looking for are unavailable these days for a reason?

BTW Why would you need to rest _while_ driving? You're supposed to be alert behind the wheel. If you need to rest, pull over. Be nice to know where you are doing this 'resting while driving' so I can avoid that area and keep my kids a little safer...

-- Dee

Note: please remove all pre-flight tags before replying via email.

----------

Hi Folks, > > Some mild cross posting, but only to five groups, and they are > appropriate to the subject. > > I'm looking for those headrests you used to be able to get that stick > to the inside of a pick-up truck's rear window behind the drivers > head. Good for resting while driving, as well as if you get > rear-ended. > > Tried J.C. Whitney, no luck. Also tried local auto parts stores, no > luck. > > Any help? > > Thanks > Donny
Reply to
Pookerz

As an alternative. This is for the back window of a day cab tractor. I don't think the pillow would hold up very well.

They may very well be available from the seat manufacturer, but we aren't allowed to modify a company vehicle. Hence, the peel-and-stick approach.

I misspoke myself, and you're right. I don't rest while driving, I should have said for a quick pull over, just to lean back against.

My bad.

Thanks, Dee.

I remember seeing these dern things a few years ago. Rectangular foam pad with a vinyl cover. Peel and stick to your pick-up truck's rear window. Roughly 5" by 10", and a few inches thick.

Guess I'll keep looking.

Reply to
Donny

Ah, well then. Here's a few things I dug up that might be of use, some marketed for child use but equally handy for adults. Also check medical supply sites, as they have a bunch of foam things (some are vinyl covered,) for patient rehab, Xray positioning, massage tables, etc. that would possibly work. If you're lucky, there could be a med supply store locally that you could browse the items first. Or look for bolster cushions like used in photography studios, barber shops, etc, to raise short folks higher. A little 3M double stick adhesive tape (they have one that will release with a pull on the tab, for firm but temporary hold) and you're in business.

And if you can't locate what you want pre-made, look for a seamstress/tailor/upholstery shop to make one. Fabric stores sell foam blocks of varying thickness and density, and vinyl by the yard. It would take minimal sewing to cover a block of foam neatly. I can't see them charging an arm and a leg for one, $20 maybe. An upholstery shop might even cut you a deal on it if they use their scrap materials.

down to the accessories)
hope that helps.