Re: Deck PLate Mod? easy

My way. I removed the elbow, and cut off the outside of the elbow, with a band saw. It could be done with a hack saw. Just 2 straight cuts. It leaves enough of the elbow for support of whatever Totota has under the fender, and looks orig. to the eye:-)

Reply to
Over40pirate

Tom Osbon

Haven't really checked under identical conditions. We just towed a 3000# cargo trailer, cross country. We had a few days of head winds which cuts the mpg a lot, with a trailer which has over 6' headroom inside.. I checked the mileage every time we got gas. The numbers are roughly the same as without the mod, but as I said it was a different route, on the return trip.Ranged from 12 - 14.7 mpg. I am in the process of checking our daily mpg, to compare with pre air box mod. We had a passenger and payload in the truck of about 700 #'s

Reply to
Over40pirate

gains will be minimal, but with these fairly low powered engines, i'll take whatever i can gain.

giving a 3" extra openeing to the air boz just lets the air flow easier, perhaps making the engine run a tad more efficient.

Reply to
Kryptoknight