Tundra A/T Fluid Temperature Warning Light

I just bought my first Tundra -- a 2001 AC TRD 4x4. Will not use it offroad but will be using it to tow a boat & trailer weighing 5,000#. Have been thinking about adding a Transmission Fluid Temp Gauge, but see that the vehicle has an A/T Fluid Temperature Warning Light.

Does anyone know at what temp this "idiot light" comes on?

Sandy

Reply to
NoSpam

I don't know about the Tundra, but on 2003 Tacomas it is 230. I would definitely install a tranny cooler. Very inexpensive insurance.

bbtaco

Reply to
bbtaco
230 degrees
Reply to
Glenn Arsenault

I agree, I would install a aux tranny cooler first because it is indeed cheap insurance.

Reply to
SnoMan