1960 Ragtop Bites The Dust!! SAD..

Hey Gang, Some of you might know Mike Cummings out of Louisiana and his show quality 1960 Green Rag Top. Well he was involved in an Accident in Phoenix, Arizona a week or so ago. He survived but his "Baby " Didn't do so well....

Wishing you a speedy recovery Mike.

"Wild" Bill Tucker

President Rare Air VW Club Pensacola, Florida

'78 VW Bus ( "Old Rusty" )

'76 Bug "The Grape"

'69 Squareback , Arizona car, Automatic

'67 Squareback

Rare Air VW Club Website:

or

Wild Bill

MAN! That bites! Sounds like he will be ok and may get his car fixed. They don't just let anyone take a new BMER of the lot without insurance. If I were him I'd nail her to the wall on all of this. I got hit like this a few years ago. My neck did not start hurting for a few days. Now it is way to late and I still have neck pain . Wieh him a speedy recovery.

Mike West

66chopped custom
Reply to
Mike West

The car is toast. It was hot so hard from the rear, that the driver's seat pulled loose of it's seat tracks, and Mike and the seat actually buckled and bent the rear seat. The front 1/4 panel is bent, from a rear-end collision, that's how hard he was hit. It was a Mercedes, as I understand, that was 6 days old, and the lady driving was DUI. Mike is still having severe headaches, swelling on his head.

Reply to
kaferdave

I wish the best for Mike and hope he recovers soon.

But man, this is a lawyers wet dream setup. Drunk, spendy car, rear-ended. She or her daddy will have to pony-up big time. If she doesn't have insurance I'd be surprised, but on the other hand most states require insurance before you can finance a car - so maybe the rich bitch paid cash. There's more where that came from.

But for now - I hope Mike gets well.

Reply to
jjs

Hey Dave, Here is the photos of the Before and after shots of the crash:

"Wild" Bill Tucker

President Rare Air VW Club Pensacola, Florida

'78 VW Bus ( "Old Rusty" )

'76 Bug "The Grape"

'69 Squareback , Arizona car, Automatic

'67 Squareback

Rare Air VW Club Website:

or

Wild Bill

Aw, that's a shame. :-( I'm glad he didn't get hurt any worse than he did.

Reply to
Shag

Its just what we all dread !

No matter how carfull we drive there is all ways plenty of A holes out to get you.

Get well soon dude

Rich

Wild Bill wrote:

Reply to
tricky

I hope for a speedy recovery. One bright note is Hagerty Ins. They have a pre-agreed upon value for the car if it is totaled so the value of the auto is already on a "fixed-value basis" and the other Ins co (if she has one) cannot lower it.

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik