1966 wiper motor crapped out

I've had my '66 Beetle for a month now and one of the few things which as worked right is the wiper motor. I replaced the blades and tightened up one of the arms the other day -- and voila, they stopped working. I turn the switch, and they twitch just barely so I know i have power too them. But they won't move. Any thoughts on why they would be stuck? Should I just replace the unit or try a fix?

Roy Kasten

Reply to
rfkasten

Open your trunk and check behind the wiring cover. You should be able to see not only the motor, but all the levers and connectors. Check and make sure all is connected. Sometimes the pivot itself goes bad, but check the connectors first. Good Luck.

Reply to
Tom Malmevik

happened to mine too.. i just twisted the fuse back and front a couple times and that worked for me..

Reply to
veedub1967

Boy do i feel clueless: while replacing my wiper blades on the 66, evidently i twisted one arm into the wrong position, and that caused both arms to lock up. Yesterday I moved the one arm into the correct "parked" position, and the wipers work fine now!

Doh.

Roy

Reply to
rfkasten