A Good Mechanic? Sanb Diego North Couty

Anyone have a good mechanic they can recommend in San Diego (California) North County coastal area? I have a 71 bus.

Mike Elliott

Reply to
Mike Elliott

Not costal but just on the county line in Anza, east of Temecula, is a VW ex-rally mechanic who is one of the tops. His name is Holmberg and he is in the phone book. If you call tell him Nancy Stevens recommended him - he works on our 73 Super Beetle and is a real pro.

Reply to
Michael Stevens

'Bout 15 years ago, I worked in a place called Charlie's Foreign Car. They did mostly Mercedes, BMW and Porsche work. They did have a VW only mechanic named Henry though. It was on 2nd Street in Encinitas.

**************************** Andy 'Dubless for the time being ****************************
Reply to
Jeckler

How's "V.W. Paradise" in San Marcos? That's where the servicing on this bus was done by the previous owner

Mike Elliott

Reply to
Mike Elliott

I've heard both good and bad things about that place over the years. I know Randy's down in San Diego has a decent rep. Stray away from Rich's in OB, though.

--Dan E

Reply to
Braukuche