Buddy Hackett is Gone...

What a tragedy,,, The original guy, that talked with, understood, and loved VW's is gone. From Love bug fame, this guy knew what we all talk about! That our cars have "soul" ! Rest in Peace...

Reply to
vwluvrs

I just heard about the bad news a few minutes ago. Here is a link to an article.

Bill Berckman

67 Beetle Pictures at
Family Reunion Show Sept 21 2003 Cincinnati OH
Bill Berckman

Quite a Loss......Within the space of a week, we have lost Katherine Hepburn, one of the best, if not the greatest actress of our time, and now Buddy Hackett....I did notice that the Love Bug isn't mentioned at all in Buddy's article....

- Pete

Reply to
Peter Cressman

Ah Yes fond movie memories... Buddy Hacket and Mickey Rooney driving that great looking red VW Convertible in "It's a MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD World". We will miss em.

"Wild" Bill Tucker and Linda

'78 VW Bus ( Old Rusty and she actually runs )

'76 Bug (It's in the garage being rewired, and interior installed)) : )

'67 Squareback ( Soon to be on the Front burner! )

'56 Oval Ragtop ( On the back burner) : (

Rare Air VW Club Website:

or

Wild Bill

Story forwarded by Dragenwagen