Hazet toolkit for sale

I'll stick with my ornamental repop that I got for an Xmas gift from the wife. The originals are just too steep for me. I mean starting bid of $550 for something that IS going to just sit in your spare. I'd be afraid to even open my hood at a show for fear somebody would walk off with it.

- DB

Reply to
DB

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that I have a original Hazet tool kit (12 piece complete) for sale. I've posted it on eBay to avoid any problems.

You can find it at:

Thanks,

Richard

Reply to
Richard

How does ebay solve all your problems?

Reply to
jjs

Reply to
Ben Boyle

Let's do our part and not bid on it.

Reply to
jjs

Reply to
Ben Boyle

If I was a wealthy fellow, I would snap that up, toss it into my garage, and start using the tools. I'm that kind of guy. Likely, those tools will go into a museum. I've never seen a complete set like that. Impressive. Was there anything else special about these tools? I'm assuming they are just stainless steel steels, with the Hazet name stamped in.

I think I would invest that $500 into a set of Snap-On's myself now that I think about it. :-)

-Ray

Reply to
Ray Dios Haque

There is nothing particularly special about hazet tools (AFIK) other than they were a rather fashionable and useful accessory back in the early days with the small roll-up tool bag as a cheaper variation. remember $500 is the current bid with rnm. I've seen these things go for well over a grand which for another few hundred you could have yourself a freshly built fully functional judson (but then if you can afford a grand on a fashion accessory - you probably already have a spare judson laying around just for emergencies). -DB

Reply to
DB

LOL He should have posted here that he has it for sale and giving one of us a chance to purchase instead of just saying I put this expensive tool set on Ebag. Bill Berckman

67 Beetle
Reply to
Bill Berckman

What a beautiful toolkit! I wish I had it, or the means to buy it. I think you will get a very fine price for it. I have seen several, but none that look as good as yours. Good luck.

Russell Funk

Wow. If I had money to burn, I would get that in a hurry. That is a beautiful tool kit, probably worth well over 500 bucks. Course, if I got it, I'd use 'em! They wouldn't just sit on a shelf.

~Anthony

Anthony

you might inform the folloing of your auction on

and
DB

Reply to
DB

:) Sorry about the eBay bit - didn't realise that would be unpopular. The only reason I have this posted on eBay rather than just posting it here is that I don't really know what I've got.

I'm not a Beetle owner and this tool kit is just hanging around in my garage gathering dust. Probably needs to be appreciated by someone with a bit more knowledge than me :) I've gone for eBay as hopefully an auction will protect me from people "taking it off my hands for 10 bucks" if you get my drift.

I could use some advise on how much these kits are worth (I've set a reserve price to protect it) - I've no wish to rip off others or be ripped off.

Thanks for the comments and any advice.

Cheers,

Richard

Reply to
Richard

Damn right! But then I am sure you would clean your tools very carefully before putting them away. John Muir was very passionate about respecting thy tools. I can recall several spots in his books where he brings it up. ;-)

-Ray

Reply to
Ray Dios Haque