Horn Wiring Question - Update

Jacked the car at the weekend to attach the horn wiring to the top of the steering column on my '69 bug, but couldn't find anywhere to connect it! Luckily my brother was up this weekend in his 1970 bug so I traced the wire from his horn, it went into the luggage compartment over the fuses and disappeared into the conduit for the ignition. So, if I remove the steering wheel and indicator switch I'll find a earth tab in there, right?

--Steve

Reply to
Phatman

Yes. Because '69 had a different ignition lock, the outer column is solidly grounded. The horn wire goes inside under the steering wheel to attach to the special insulated bearing.

John Henry has an article all about the horn wiring for different years:

Tech articles.

(I had forgotten that '69 was a bit different...)

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim