If you don't know Don't answer

George, I've been hanging around these parts for several years now and maybe I can shed some light, maybe not - that's the way tis particular type of forum works. Maybe Tim's advice was better than your mechanic's - it usually is, but there are always exceptions. You come here to get advice from people who have actually done the job you are struggling with. Some do it one way, some do it a different way. YOU determine which seems best for your situation. I personally dislike it when a bunch of people offer advice on a sunject they have absolutely no knowledge of, but have learned that usually those posts offer a different perspective and cause me to think through the procedure a bit more completely. Tim is well respected around here and helped many people out of jambs that they otherwise would have been hopelessly and expensively trapped in. Joey, on the other hand, has a foul vocabulary and a quick temper... He is also highly respected here although we sometimes shudder at his hot replies. He also has a wealth of knowledge and is very willing to help just about anybody who is somewhat gracious in their request and continues the dialogue through however many layers it takes to resolve the issue.

Often incomplete information is provided or, when a problem is encountered, people are not gracious enough to ask for additional assistance but turn on the helper and point under-informed fingers. I have posted incorrect information inadvertently a few times over the years and have tried whatever means possible to correct that mis-information before the procedure was implemented. I generally research my answers unless it is a procedure I have done so many times it's like writing my name, but then, too, I have to think it through before answering.

Of the posters you have just received replies from, Tim and Joey both have a very high level of integrity in their replies concerning procedure. Johnboy answers what he knows and doesn't speculate if he doesn't know - also high integrity. Shag came in here knowing nothing and was chastized by many for numerous reasons. He has learned a great deal since then and is very helpful to newbies and helpful in interpretting information in more understandable terms for people. He also answers only what he knows and when speculating always makes it clear. He has become a highly regarded member of our community here. Dennis also has offered excellent advice on what he knows to be true and does not guess when giving advice.

Most of us are not professional mechanics, but then, most of us have had numerous unhappy situations with professional mechanics and that is why we have this newsgroup. The value of the advice is whatever you are able to make of it. If an answer doesn't seem right, follow it up with more and better questions. Build - don't tear down. There is something of value in everything posted here if you use it wisely. -BaH

Reply to
Busahaulic

Peter,

Check these pics

I did not find dimples to locate the "inner" bearing. Maybe some did????

Grahame from Aus

Reply to
Grahame Rumballe
.

we all contribute something to this group......

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

i have used a piece of broomstick longer than width of beam and or a slide hammer to push pull them out.both the needles and the micarta bushings.

Reply to
bill may