Location of ground lugs on 69 T3 FI ?

Hi Folks,

Somehow, while the car was in pieces for the past 12 years, I have forgotten where the ground lugs near the injectors go. Do they go under the fuel injector retainer nuts, the intake manifold to head nuts, or under sheet metal screws? I did remember the lug at the breather.

Thanks, C

Reply to
CROQ

They originally went under the forward 6mm screws that screw vertically down thru the cooling tin and into the heads. Those screws had continuing trouble with losing good ground contact, however, because of the extreme hot/cool cycling of the heads. I recommend that you eliminate them and make extensions that bring a ground wire out from the center of the case to each side for the injectors.

Starting in '70 VW ran the injector grounds to the case center. These were much more reliable.

-

Jim Adney

Sounds good to me. Thanks Jim.

Reply to