mixing crank, pistons and heads...

I have a 40 HP case which I put the crank from a 1600. I also plan on putting 8505 mm (1600) Pistons/cyl's. Can I use the 40 HP heads?

tia,

Reply to
Mel P.

I don't think the later cylinders will fit in the 1200 case without machining, and even if they did fit, this is probably not a good idea.

The heads will also have to be machined to accept the larger cylinders.

I think you'd be way ahead to find a good used 1600 core engine to rebuild.

-

Jim Adney