My Blue 73 SB is alive again.

Having a 2 year old and the wife works too has pushed my car hobbies down pretty far on the priority list. Hobby or not, I drive the blue one to work. Yeah, I can borrow the wife car, and trade around to make a car share manageable, but my blue SB has been dead since March. I've had all the parts for a while and finally got enough Saturday afternoons accrued to finish a top-end rebuild and tranny swap.

She runs great. Some small details to go, but I'm very pleased. Disk brake kit next. I hope it doesn't take me another four months to fight tooth and nail to clear the time. And my dead motorcycle.. and the Beige SB with a 914 engine isn't running either.. and a started chopper project with a 72 Honda 750cc SOHC engine.. Oh for the life of me can ever get to any of it?

Reply to
David Gravereaux

I know exactly how you mean.

14 month old, 6 year old, and a 6+ month pregnant wife who works... and I work 11-12 hour days, sometimes more. Live in a condo, no garage, just parking lot. Can't work on my own cars at work. No time for anything.

All of our cars need attention. We have the '70 nova, '87 Jeep and '96 Neon here, '66 Mustang at a friend's house if it still exists, and my 68 bug in Finland waiting to be shipped here.

Thinking of getting a minivan (gag) and losing the POS Neon.

Reply to
Jan Andersson

congrats to you and Kidd on the upcoming addition to the family....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

And it doesnt stop once the kids get older!. Mine are 30-35 and still reckon the old man is good value. John

Reply to
John

Thanks... we just learned it's a girl :)

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Hey Jan Congrats

playing with everyone elses VW's gives me no time for my own. the 64 is still a great toy but I would like to finish another for myself.. some day ;0)

Reply to
Kafertoys

congrats again!!! we had a boy first then a girl.... family complete...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Yes.. COMPLETE.. no more! :D

Reply to
Jan Andersson

be sure..... snippety snip!

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

damn right. Both of us too :)

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Kringe! Even my dog is intact.. d:~P

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

hehe... i tease my wife that I'm not having anymore, but that doesn't mean she won't....D'oh...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani