NO DEATH THREATS... PLEASE...

It's just in my blood. Pictures and and video to follow... Stay tuned...

Reply to
Shag

Video... Not for the purists or faint of heart... This is 100% stock... On the trails RIGHT BEHIND my house that I've been resisting up until now. Damn whiskey... The potential... I can taste it......

do you all say? More of this or less of this? I have a linkbookmarked right now for some knobby tires and have my eye on a bodylift kit that will give me the clearance I want/need. Without cuttingany sheet metal at all... What's it gonna be? Questions about whatweight motor oil to run or pictures/videos of all new offroadadventures?!??! It's entirely up to y'all. Kinda. ;-) Give me yourvotes?

Reply to
Shag

More... As far as stock goes, check out the Class 11 web site, might be of interest since you don't want to cut the sheet metal.

I didn't hesitate to cut on mine, it was a $300 car.

Les

Reply to
Project Magnet #1

Dude... It's not me who hesitates to cut his car. One of these days I'll get a better internet connection and put up my old site where I transformed a rusty old '63 into THE LEGENDARY CAMO BAJA. It's just that a lot of people on here complained about it and I said I'd never do that again. So now I have another old Beetle and am trying to resist making it into what God intended it to be from day one. Trying to get some of the old-timers to agree that I should at least tweak the '64 I have now to make it a little more capable off-road. :-)

Reply to
Shag

Tweak away and have fun... Find some 4x4's crawling up a ravine and show 'em what a Bug can do.

How much bigger tires do you plan on running? Try a set of 31/10.50-15's on stock 4 1/2" rims?

Post pics, videos, and enjoy.

Les

Reply to
Project Magnet #1

Good for you Shag, go for it! Your adventures with your old bug were some of the bright lights of this entire group,,,,,,, when it was still quite active I might add. If you want, cut the shit out of it. Post them as you do them and enjoy your talent for adventure. Dennis

Reply to
Dennis

Like this one.

Tony

Reply to
Anthony W

I think I'll go with a set of these tires:

Shag

Some pics of the outing:

Shag

More would be good. But I kinda miss the chain-link steering wheel.

Reply to
John

I might have to order a pair of those for the front. I'll need to check the rim width, I just bought a new set of white spokes for my car. 8" wide rears and 7" wide fronts.

Les

Reply to
Project Magnet #1

You'll get bored on those trails and start looking for some better ones in short time.

Keep the pics coming, I'd love to see more Bugs out where they belong... on the trails.

Les

Reply to
Project Magnet #1

Due to the overwhelming response to this thread I've decided to do what I wanna do. :-D I will take the silence from the old-timers to mean "go for it as long as you share pictures and video with us and we promise to complain later but for now we will be quiet because we know that if we complain loudly enough that you won't show us the fun that is possible with a VW." Thanks, and remember that I did ask first. :-) I will keep my word about not hacking up another rusty old Beetle.

Reply to
Shag

Not hacking up a rusty one? Gonna start with a nice clean one huh?

Have fun, I'll be waiting for pics and video.

Les

Reply to
Project Magnet #1

I 've just finshed putting new floor pans in Johns 67 baja, this was done for show years ago so alot of money was spent on the nicer baja options , now will be a great time to play with it off road. (one of the customers cars that was damaged)

I think I would install convertable rails if I were to off road a beetle.

Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

Go for it.

It will still be mechanically more sound and have a better life than one that gets abandoned and just rots away behind a barn or in a junkyard because someone got tired of it.

Reply to
Jan

Shut the f*ck up, you hack-assed thief. "Convertable rails" my ass.

Reply to
ryan68bug

lol sorry I meant Convertible rails

Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

Laughable. The fact you didn't deny your hack-assed thief status is confirmation I didn't need.

Reply to
ryan68bug