Re: {OT} 'Joe the Plumber' sues over Ohio records probe

LOL!! I hope he wins some bucks. This should be a wake-up for the > dims.

Reviews of Joe the Plumber's book on Amazon:

The 5 star reviews are esp. worth a look. ;-)

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

The dims screamed about civil rights of terrorists, but when a US citizen's, especially one who helped the Republicans, civil rights are violated, they just laugh it off. What a two faced bunch of hypocrites.

Reply to
dbu'

So, precisely what did the word "bullshit" (your use) apply to?

I have no idea.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

So, you have issues with this statement:

"You give up certain expectations of privacy when you become a public figure."

And yet, like other contentious legal issues, it's been debated forever, and always will be debated.

Seriously. I don't know.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Poking around in a celebrity's private matters is not likely to land them in jail. Therefore, the Patriot Act is a hideous analogy.

As far as 15 minutes of fame: That is pure bullshit. Joe the Plumber has chosen to be a public figure, so he deserves everything included with that status. If he didn't know what was included in that status, he's an idiot.

Do not question that he has chosen to be a public figure. You will fail in your arguments.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You said he was not a celebrity. That is not true. Sorry to ruin your argument.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Oh, for cryin' out loud! How many times (innumerable, is how many!) have the righties here complained that the people to the left of center have no sense of humor? (Which is pure baloney.) The reviews' comments re: that book are hysterical, but all that happens is that you all start crabbing instead of seeing the wit with which they were written.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

Sorry, that requires a microscope and I forgot mine today.

Reply to
bogusmailmark

jsb is just killing time again.

Reply to
dbu'

Arghh; I'm not your sweetie. (Most women usually hate to be called "sweetie" unless it comes from a sweetie. But you knew that, right?)

I wasn't commenting at all about the reviews.

Yeah, I know. As in: skip right on by the humor & crab instead. Try to insert levity, & what does one get? More bickering. I did say "...you all start crabbing", indicating the entire ensuing thread, not solely your comment.

More condescending commentary. Am plenty relaxed, thank you very much.

Cathy

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

In this case, yeah. Trust me, most women do NOT like to be called "Sweetie" by men who are not their sweeties.

May well be, but you're not my sweetie. Huge difference.

Rolling my eyes... you don't see everyone crabbing at each other in that ensuing thread??

Yep. "Sweetie". Telling me to relax. Arghh.

Disappointed in that no one seems to have picked up on the humor of those reviews. Shrug. I tried.

Now *that's* funny! ;-)

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

"Samuel J. Wurzelbacher says in the federal lawsuit filed Thursday that he suffered emotional distress, harassment, humiliation and embarrassment as a result of their actions."

No doubt Joe's a sensitive guy who's suffered emotional distress, as evidenced by his complete loss of hair.

I hope the people who did this serve some jail time because nobody's privacy should be violated, especially not by government. OTOH you probably care about Joe's civil rights only because he's a right- winger and the people who violated them are Democrats.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

What do you think of Sheriff Joe Arpaio, the nutty right winger who's violated the civil rights of people who speak out against him by arresting and jailing them, including an actor (for impersonating an officer by dressing in a comical deputy outfit that included cut-off jeans) and the owners of the Village Voice (for publishing Arpaio's address, even though it was already public knowledge)? You whined about fairness, so let's see how fair you are.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

And earlier this year you made some very serious death theats that went way beyond the usual beer bullshit. They seemed an awful lot like the rants of people who later carried out their threats.

Charles, will you promise to not ever kill people, other than in self defense or in a real war? And by "real war" I mean something like Afghanisan, Iraq, WWII, Vietnam, etc., and not something Timothy McVeigh or Eric Rudolph thought was war.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly