Pressure plate and clutch disc replacement

What is the proper way to replace both? Is there a howto somewhere online? Sorry for the multiple postings in a short time.

Bart Bervoets

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

Dunno about online, but replacing a clutch disc and PP is not too tough. You gotta have a clutch pilot thing though, something to properly align the disc and the gland nut, so when you go to replace the engine, it's possible, yano? They are cheap, just a properly shaped hunk of wood. Or the imput shaft off an old tranny, if you have one laying around.

Get the shop manual for your year VW, it will have the entire procedure in there. Even a Chilton's book does, although I prefer the old Orange book that I can never remember the name of!

Reply to
John Kuthe

You can use a 1/2" socket extension bar or your forefinger. I know that works also. Just need to basically check by eye that the disk is centered.

The Bentley Manual

Reply to
Olli Lammi

Olli, that is fine for someone that has done the procedure several times, but im not so sure its great advice for a first timer...could cause them alot of problems...clutch alignment tools are dirt cheap...

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue