Stripped Door Hinge Screw...

I'm trying to remove my Bug's door. Most came out OK. But there's a couple that 'keep turning'. I'm guessing they are stripped. I tried putting a flat screw driver between the hinge and post to put tension on it but no change.

Any trick or tips?

tia,

-- Mel P.

77 Std FI Bug & 70 Ghia Cabrio. (near completion)

PARTS FOR SALE:

Mel P.

Karls Vladimir Peña

Use The Screwdriver trick you're using to put tension on it and DRILL the screw head off the screw with a large drill bit.

After that you're gonna need a new plate to screw the door to anyway, so be planning on finding a replacement .............

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Replacement door hinge panels are available from California Import Parts

Alan Nelson