torque multiplier tool

some time ago I read about a torque multiplier tool that could be used for easy removal of the rear brake drums. Does anyone here know: What is this tool called? Where can it be purchased? Thanks

Reply to
George

Torquemeister! It's available lots of places. Besides the brake drum nut, there's an attachment for the flywheel nut. Surf and ye shall find. Maybe

If they don't show it, write to them at their site email.

Reply to
jjs

I bought mine here.....

Took the flywheel off with a 3/8 inch rachet! Haven't had to do a brake drum yet but I'm sure it's just as easy.

Reply to
Mac

Torque-Miester . Aircoolded.net, or CIP1.com

"Wild" Bill Tucker and Linda

'78 VW Bus ( "Old Rusty" )

'76 Bug (It's in the garage being rewired, and interior installed, Ghia Front Disc)

'69 Squareback , Arizona car, Automatic, Will rewire and put on road soon.

'67 Squareback ( Soon to be on the Front burner! )

Rare Air VW Club Website:

or

Wild Bill

Everyone has already said the name. Now I'll give you some more reasons to use it. Today I found out I own the most stubborn axle nut on earth. bent 2

1" cheater pipes, made me fall a hundred times, and produced several injuries. BTW, it only turned about 2 turns and still tight. Tomorrow (sweat, rain and nightfall made me call it a day) I'll get a thicker cheater pipe and order a torquemeister just in case I have to deal with that sucker again.

Karls

Reply to
Karls Vladimir Peña

Karls, Hope you recover from your injuries soon. Everyone has been injured while working on VW's. My worst occurred while I was working on a VW convertible. The hood had been removed and the hood 's spring loaded hinges had been pushed down to the "closed " position. I leaned over the fender to remove some electical wires beside the speedometer and brushed the hinge...Wham it unsprung itself and stuck me in the chest. Knocked the living crap out of me and almost darn near killed me. Learned a very valuable lesson that day! BTW the Torquemiester also is used to remove the gland nut that holds the flywheel on the crankshaft. Very valuable tool.

"Wild" Bill Tucker and Linda

'78 VW Bus ( "Old Rusty" )

'76 Bug (It's in the garage being rewired, and interior installed, Ghia Front Disc)

'69 Squareback , Arizona car, Automatic, Will rewire and put on road soon.

'67 Squareback ( Soon to be on the Front burner! )

Rare Air VW Club Website:

or

Wild Bill

Thanks bill, I feel better now. It seems some broken drum splines dissipated the force applied to the nut, now I'm trying to figure out how to remove it with this condition.

Karls

Reply to
Karls Vladimir Peña