Weber 40 single venturi-26mm?

I know this sounds weird but I am trying to get a hydrallic "Bergman motor" to run on a single Weber. My venturis are 28 now but due to the cam slope/drop off (hydrallic), I need to create more velocity at the lower end of the rpms. The problem is that as soon as I start to open the throttle, it falls flat on it's face. The accelerator pump is working fine from start to full pedal. The nozzles are 55s and squirk evenly and full. Float bowl is at proper level and the carb cleaned and checked for passage on each port. Timing is accurate and dwell is set correctly.

The motor is a 2110, 47 heads opened up with 1 5/8th exhaust. Compression is right on at 9 to 1. Motor has been refreshed at Car Craft in Riverside 2 weeks ago. They tried but could not get the hesitation out of it.

Finally the question, Can I get smaller venturis for the Weber 40, looking for 26s. Are they available and if so where? Any other helpful suggestions other than buying duals will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I realize the mid to top end power will be much weaker but I am not in a position to buy carbs right now.

Reply to
<mjnk
28s are too small, not too big, for your engine. You have something else wrong with it. What are the float levels? Fuel pressure? Emulsion tube? Idle jet? Main jet? Air jet? 0 or 50 pump bypass?
Reply to
John Connolly

Reply to
Buggy 100

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 20:38:55 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@stafford.net (J Stafford) ran around screaming and yelling:

LOL...John i knew i could count on you... J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani