What size spline tool ?

For the CV joint bolts ?

Ta

Rich

Reply to
tricky

12pt 8mm.

There were some very early ones which used a plain 6-sided Allen head.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Its for a 924S - I am told they are the same.

Is that 12.8mm you say ;-)

Thanks Jim

Reply to
tricky

NO!!! LOL

12 points (sides/splines) and 8mm size

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Reply to
tricky

The proper name(If you need it..) is XZN/spline.

J.

Reply to
Berg

James

Reply to
Juper Wort

Thanks James

Reply to
tricky

That one might fit - but it only has 6 teeth !

I just bought a 12 tooth set for 5.59 (Laser) and the 8mm bit fits a treat !

Reply to
tricky

If it has six teeth it is a Torx, not the right tool.

J.

Reply to
Berg

I bought one from SnapOn many years ago and I don't want to remember what I paid for it...

Tony

Reply to
Anthony W

If you blow the pic up, you can see at least 6, and thats on the side thats facing, there will be more round the back ! The hex description I guess is the drive

at least you got one anyhow....good luck.

James

Reply to
Juper Wort

One of mine is from snap-on, I have had to replace it a few times good thing its free, but thats what you pay for up front. I like the 12 point 8mm L shaped one that is meant for removing the hub from some of VW's alloy rims, I have used one many times to remove the axle bolts.

Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

Now, you see , I counted 4 visible and guessed two facing away.

If you see the 12 pt one you would see the difference.

I guess the 6 piont one engages on half the edges ?

Rich

hmmm Had another look before I click send ...

not sure !

doesn't look the same as mine though !

Reply to
tricky