240 Hard clutch pedal

Thanks very much Mike, I do want to try this but don't I have to lift the car up each trip to adjust, I mean isn't a lot easier to spin the inner tierod with out the weight of car on it? and essentially will the tire be wanting to move in or out but resisting it while resting on the ground? Boy if this works out I'll be quite happy having not spent anything other than an hour or two of my time. I'll advance a Kudos to you Michael because it sounds very practical. Boy I could have used this type of valuable help before I got messed up with after market clutch cable - ended up costing me a whopping $575.00 Cdn. due to being 1/2" or so too short and if I had trusted even one of the 2 other mechanics who told me I needed a clutch when it was only the cable from NAPA was too short my tally for error may have gone to closer to $875.00 CDN. Those pricks will not compensate me even one dime for their error just returned my original fifty some odd dollars for the short cable. As it is the third guy I used (who I know) who was honest figured that the cable was wrong but only after beginning to take down the transmission to view the clutch which resulted in some broken parts in the shifter mechanism due to fatigue (I guess). And the shifter boot doesnt hold well any more either and I think minor exhaust fumes get through to the inner cabin. Anyway shifter parts to get shifter in to reverse that broke tacked on an additional $200.00 parts and labour, loss of car another $150.00 for 2 weeks, then about $175.00 for the actual clutch cable from Volvo including labour. So what have I done since, I've called Napa every time I knew they sold parts I required and then told them I was buying those parts somewhere else in retaliation even when the price may be higher, explaining to the sales guy about their lack of customer service regarding the fiasco I had with clutch cable.

There that's my latest fun with bad replacement parts from the aftermarket world, much like the underworld I suppose LOL

Regards,

Dan "Michael Pardee" wrote in message news:68OdneDI98HrleXenZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@sedona.net...

Reply to
daniel

[...]

And also camber. Misadjusted camber will also wear the inner or outer edge of the tire more then the other.

The only thing not adjustable is caster, and that is to be checked after a collision to assure that no suspension or frame parts were damaged.

__ __ Randy & \ \/ /alerie's \__/olvos '90 245 Estate - '93 965 Estate "Shelby" & "Kate"

Reply to
Randy G.

It adjusts easily enough with the weight of the car on it. You may have to go several turns at first to get to where you can zero in on it, but after that smaller and smaller adjustments are in order. (Randy G points out the camber also adjusts, but since the tie rods don't affect that I'm assuming the camber was okay enough to start with.)

4-wheel alignments (also called "thrust alignments") are the standard for FWD cars, so the 240 really doesn't need it.

Mike

PS - sorry for the late reply... I was sent out of town yesterday morning without notice.

Reply to
Michael Pardee