Connecting IPOD to S60 stereo

I've a 2003 S60 with the pro logic stereo. I currently use an itrip to transmit fm to the radio which generally works fine. Are there any other clever ways of connecting an ipod to the stereo?

I'd also consider getting a professional installation done (I'm in the UK)

Thanks for any advice!

Gav

Reply to
Gav

Ah, should have looked first - I see Volvo do an adapter. Anyone any experience of this? Does it work well and what was the cost?

Gav

Reply to
Gav

Look up Crutchfield.Com and check out the USAspec Ipod interface intended for Volvo S60/V70s. Installed one on my 01 V70 quite easily and it works great. Also useful for connecting sirius satillite radio and portable MD players to the cars sound system (which is my reason for having one). However, when connected to an ipod, it will charge the unit while in use. Also the car's radio display will indicate the ipod's playbook info (I think).

Much better sound quality than one will ever get with an FM modulator.

Good luck.

P.S. The interface works only if one does not already have a CD changer or navigation unit.

Reply to
TEF

Thanks for the info. I've got the inbuilt 4 cd changer and integrated sat nav, so not sure if it'll work. I'll send them an email and see if they ship to UK also.

Gav

Reply to
Gav

In the US we charge $350.00 + Tax for everything parts & Labor

Reply to
Glenn Klein