Mechanical ignition

Hi! I've changed my B230F engine in my V740, now I've got B200K (from V240) in mechanical ignition. How much degrees I've to set for this ignition?? 15,

18, 12 ??? What I must to know about mechanical ignition in my car???

all the best...

-- Jarek (SQ1EUO) - V740 (1988) B230F/B200K + LPG snipped-for-privacy@wp.pl GG: 1277234

Reply to
sq1euo

What year 240 did the engine come from?

Also, I'm puzzled as to why you went to an engine that was 300cc smaller than the original--were you trying for better fuel economy?

Gary

Reply to
Gary Heston

Hi, the engine is B200E it's new engine from Volvo Goeteborg company. But I've put the used Solex Cisac carb form B200K-1985 Volvo 240. The ignition is from B19 or another older engine, I don't remember.

I've put smaller engine,because I can buy the new B200 with 0 km, it's new one, the price is $300!!! So I've buy it,put the mechnaical ignition,put the Solex carb (I hate electronics equipment in engines,so B230F is not for me:)) )., ant put out the old B230F (500 000 km), and all electrical equipment. But I don't know what degrees of ignition I've to set (7, 12, 15,

18 ??? ).

-- Jarek (SQ1EUO) - V740 (1988) B230F + LPG snipped-for-privacy@wp.pl GG: 1277234

Reply to
sq1euo

Hi, I have looked in my Haynes manual in Finnish language on CD:

It suggests for this engine with the vauum hose NOT attached

B200K ...15° at 750 rpm I do not know this engine at all, but if it does not have an electronic ignition I would install one.

Good luck, Viktor, Vienna, Austria

Reply to
viktor