Wiring diagrams for 240?

Hello, I have a 1992 240 wagon. Recently, had ignition problems that appear to have been the air flow mass meter - a substitute has been swapped in and it's running fine. Except...

Also had some service done to the tailgate. Now, when I switch on the tailgate wiper switch, the top fuse burns, also taking out the radio. I stopped by the garage and the tailgate wiper motor, which has apparently seized, was disconnected... but the problem still occurs. Also, when I touch the brake, the Lamp Failure cluster light comes on - and so does the bulb for the tailgate defroster switch. It was too bright to notice this one earlier.

I'll be taking the car back to the garage for this and some other work next week, but in the meantime, does anyone know where I can find wiring diagrams? I think I can fix this in some of the spare time I will have while out of town this weekend, and diagrams would help.

Thanks! Patrick Keenan

Reply to
Patrick Keenan

The best, clearest, most accurate and detailed wiring diagrams I have found (and photocopied) are from the Mitchell Repair Manuals in the public library.

Reply to
zencraps

Sounds like a problem in the wiring in the tailgate hinges. The wires have to bend over 90 degrees in a very short area every time the tailgate opens. The crack in this location inside the hinges. There's been thousands of posts covering this topic over the years.

Reply to
Mike F

Suggest you give this site a visit.

Click on 1992 on the 240 line and then on service manuals and drill down to find the "Volvo" green book - TP31953/1.

While a bit on the pricey side, they are the most descriptive.

Joe D.

Reply to
Joe D

Yes, this has been replaced - that was the work done to the tailgate. Both the passenger's side hinge and the harnesses were replaced. And thanks - I will look in that area for the short. Discovered this morning that the light failure bulb goes off if I turn the Right-hand turn signal on.

Thanks again, Patrick Keenan

Reply to
Patrick Keenan

Thanks, that may be exactly what I'm ultimately looking for. I had most of a set of the green Volvo manuals for my old 220, and that's the level of detail I am looking for.

Patrick Keenan

Reply to
Patrick Keenan

To me, this sounds like a grounding fault.

Reply to
Johan Plane