2005 VW Jetta Terminal Block Failure

Car is a 2005 4 cylinder Jetta. The terminal block that is located over the battery failed. The stud used to secure the lead from the alternator to the terminal block loosened. Eventually the terminal over-heated and the stud completely separated from the terminal block. As a temporary fix we have relocated the alternator feed to another positive ground terminal. We need to order a replacement part. Any idea what this called. Better yet, any idea of the part number? Is this a common problem? The whole setup seem absurdly complicated and yet it still failed.

Ed

Reply to
Ed White

Yes that power distribution box on the battery does come with it's fair share of problems. The newer replacement units are usually geared to last much longer. This is a dealer part; they will know what you're talking about when you call them.

Reply to
Madesio

Reply to
Jim Behning

(top posting corrected)

Ed's just working on the car :)

Reply to
Madesio

Oh.

Reply to
Jim Behning

"Jim Behning" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Unfortunately it is out of warranty (over the miles, not the time).

Any idea of the cost of the new terminal block?

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

(...)

1J0937617D, usually lists around $80 or so.
Reply to
Madesio
4yr 50,000 mile warranty.
Reply to
news.wildblue.net

Yea... it happens, and I think I replaced 3 in the last year. So common... no!

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

Reply to
none2u