98 Jetta GL vacuum line

Hi, 98 Jetta GL vacuum line, seems really cheap, thin hard plastic... anyway I've taped over a couple leaks but now I see it leaks where it connects to the brake booster, where there is a rubber "L" fitting at the end. The fitting itself is a little loose. Can that be "yanked" out and a new one "shoved" in?

tia, Les

Reply to
IRv

"IRv" schreef in bericht news:OBeIo.39705$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe09.iad...

It's normal that this fitting into the booster is a bit loose. The fitting is just pressed in without any clamp. How do you it's leaking?

SFC

Reply to
SFC

Hi, Well, right after shutting off the engine you can hear the air leak, but it may not be the fitting, as the hose end there is pretty ruff. We're getting codes for "evac leak small" and "system too lean" I know too lean could be bad... thanks Les

Reply to
IRv

Hi, Well, right after shutting off the engine you can hear the air leak, but it may not be the fitting, as the hose end there is pretty ruff. We're getting codes for "evac leak small" and "system too lean" I know too lean could be bad... thanks Les

Reply to
IRv

Hi, I don't have a rubber hose, just a plastic line and a rubber fitting going into the brake booster. I was wondering is this was easily replaceable.

thanks Les

Reply to
IRv

Usally the rubber hose will leak not the hard plastic line. Rubber doesn't like the crank case vapours.

SFC

Reply to
SFC