Announcement: VW Touareg FAQ

An unofficial VW Touareg FAQ is now available.

The FAQ is currently in development, but is available in skeletal form at:

Please feel free to email the maintainer with suggestions or corrections at snipped-for-privacy@touaregfaq.com.

Thank you,

-Jason Sewell

Reply to
Jason Sewell

Congratulations on a noble effort that has the potential to be a seriously complete info resource for the "Tor-Egg." For those of us peons w/o 50 grand to splurge, your FAQ will be more a matter of staying informed rather than influencing any wild possible purchase decision. Overall: good show, and thanks for taking the time and effort to kick it off.

A.E. Deutsch '99 1.8T "Piss-At" GL

Reply to
IPMnet

What make you an expert on the Touareg? And , who are you? Do you work for VW or one of it's dealers?

Reply to
Woodchuck

What the heck does any of that matter?

FAQ's are frequently started by someone with limited knowledge of a subject that they have great interest in. They start by doing what research they can and compiling it into a document and organizing it into a useful form. Then they make this document available to others and start a gradual process of improvment based on feedback. With their dedication and time the FAQ can eventually become a valuable reference for information on that subject.

Reply to
Scott

Because like myself he maybe another dealer tech? And... some of the information may not yet be known by the public... Nothing meant to be negative That's all.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Ahh, the beauty of the internet. It's "Wayne's World" out there, and I give a big THANK YOU to all the folks like Jason who take the time to do a reasonable job in assembling the collective knowledge of something that is of mutual interest.

His FAQ was a big part of our family's decision to buy our gold V6 last weekend. So there. :-)

Reply to
Steve Maller