no vr6 for 2005 and 2006 gti's???

hi, i am looking at buying a new gti. i used the build it now feature on vw's site, and sent it to my nearest dealer. he replied back that vr6's were not made in 2005 and will not be made for 2006. is this true? why do they have them on their website if they are not available?

thanks, paul

Reply to
Paul Bauer

I have found VW's website often months behind the "truth". However in this case I don't think VW's site is off. I don't recall hearing anything about no VR6 GTIs for '05 and '06. He might be trying to just sell you one of his

1.8Ts that he has lying around.

However when the next-generation GTI comes out in North America in the spring of '06, it will not have a VR6. It'll have the 2.0T that is in the new Jetta GLI.

But it's something to think about. The current GTI is a nice car and the VR6 a nice engine, but come springtime you will be driving the "old" bodystyle. If that's important to you (more important than the VR6 engine), you might want to wait until spring for the new GTI.

Reply to
Matt B.