Passat, cupped tires

Hi

I have a 99 passat and it is destroying tires, on the left side (seems to be front) The technician says they are "cupped". You can run your hand around the tire and feel the tread go up and down. This has effected the stock tires, and the set of summer tires. I had the alignment checked and they said it was off a little bit, but within spec. (vw dealer) I have had several linkage pieces, a bad lower control arm/cv joint replaced on the front left. Is there anything else I should have checked before putting new tires on?

thanks

Reply to
CaptVideo

It sounds like you have it fixed, but remember aggressive driving can also cause the problem.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

same cupping on the same corner, but different tire and wheel I would suspect a suspension problem or bent hub or bad bearing. Or if it was the same place that balances your tires and wheels...........well. ;-)

dave